The knife was designed and patented by WWII veteran Warren Grosjean, and is MADE IN THE USA. The saw blade is manufactured in Switzerland, but the handle is manufactured and the whole item is assembled in the USA.
The knife conforms to military specification #MIL-R-365408; the National Stock Number (NSN) is 6515-01-363-1212. This item is included in USAF Aircrew Survival kits, and many others.
- A three bevel, hollow ground, shaving quality stainless steel razor blade. (Super Sharp)
- A plated steel rib to secure blade.
- A medium impact plastic handle.
- It’s a convenient, low cost utility knife.
- Weighs about 1/4 oz.
- Cutting edge is 2" long.
- Length is under 3" when closed.
- The highest quality Swiss made 12 tpi High Speed Steel Blade available.
- Medium Impact plastic handle
- Replaces failure-prone so-called "Commando Saws" (the wire ones with a keyring at each end)
- One hand operation that cuts metal, wood, ice, bone, etc.
- Weighs 0.28 oz (8 grams)
- Length is under 3" when closed
- Sawblade is 1-7/8"
You should have one of these in your desk, and one on your keychain, and one in each of your cars, and one in your kitchen, and one in your bathroom, and one in the workshop, and two in your Bug-Out Bag.