Made popular in the US by returning soldiers and special forces operators, the shemagh is an incredibly practical piece of survival gear.
How do you use it?
- Wrapped around the head and face, the shemagh protects head, neck, and face from the sun and sand
- By damping the neck area of the shemagh, it can keep the wearer cool and prevent heat stroke, headache, and dizziness
- The shemagh can be used as a water filter to remove large debris before further purification
- Worn as a scarf, the shemagh helps retain heat during cool evenings or nights
- Weighs just 6 oz
- 42"x42" (may shrink after washing, dry carefully)
- 100% Cotton
- Woven pattern breaks up outlines
This shemagh is woven in Pakistan, using locally dyed yarn. It is machine-washable. 5col Survival Supply recommends that this shemagh be washed and dried by itself to set the colors prior to washing with other clothing. This type of scarf is made with a loose-weave, so that it breaths and retains moisture properly for its intended use. However, this means that imperfections should be expected and accepted. We sell this Shemagh as a utility item and useful tool, not as a fashion accessory.