Our approach to survival kits is heavily influenced by military aviation life support specifications, with a few additions and modifications all our own. Like USAF kits, we have two separate pouches--a first aid pouch, and a survival gear pouch. We add to this a beefed up shelter component with a Ripstop nylon tarp and Blizzard Survival EMS Blanket. If you have SERE training, you will probably recognize a number of components in this kit, from the Spark-Lite to the Signal Mirror. Our goal is to use the highest quality components, and we work hard to source components manufactured in the United States.
- Overall Dimensions: 13 in. x 11 in. x 3 in.
- Total Weight: 2 lbs. 10 oz.
- Assembled in the US with American-made and imported components.
- Blizzard Survival EMS Blanket, opens to 90.5 in. x 77 in., self-adhesive closures, high-visibility orange (UK)
- RipStop Nylon Tarp, 54 in. x 84 in., Olive Drab, includes mesh stuff sack (US)
- Spark-Lite Aviation Firestarter Kit, Olive Drab, includes Spark-Lite One-handed Firestarter, (8) TinderQuik Treated Compressed Cotton Tinder Tabs, Instructions and Plastic Container (NSN: 1680-01-233-0061) (US)
- (10) UCO Survival Matches, Windproof, Waterproof, includes striker panel (India)
- Rescue Whistle, High-Visibility Orange, Pealess, Impact Plastic Construction (Spain)
- Signal Mirror, MIL-M-18371E Mark 3 Type 2, with nylon lanyard (NSN: 6350-01-455-6671) (US)
- Cyalume SOS Chemlight, Green, with nylon lanyard (NSN: 6260-01-334-4274) (US)
- (3) Whirl-Pak Bag, 36 oz., Gusseted Bottom, Guaranteed Sterile (US)
- (10) Aquamira Water Treatment Tablets, Chlorine Dioxide, Individually Packaged (US)
First Aid Components:
- Combat Application Tourniquet (NSN: 6515-01-521-7976) (US)
- Israeli Bandage, T3, 4 in., Includes Additional Dressing Pad and Gauze Bandage (Israel)
- (5) Easy Access Bandage, Fabric, 1 in. x 3 in.
- (5) Easy Access Bandage, Fabric, Junior
- (1) Easy Access Bandage, Fabric, Knuckle
- (1) Easy Access Bandage, Fabric, Fingertip
- (1) Easy Acess Bandage, Fabric, Elbow/Knee
- (1) Butterfly Closure Fabric Adhesive Bandage
- (2) Antiseptic Wipe
- (2) Triple Antibiotic Ointment
- (3) After Bite Pain Relief Wipe
- (2) Sterile Gauze Dressing, 2 in. x 2 in. (2-pack)
- (1) Conforming Gauze Bandage, 2 in.
- (1) Diamode Anti-Diarrheal (Loperamide HCl 2 mg.) (1-pack)
- (1) Electrolyte Tabs (Calcium Carbonate 27 mg., Potassium Chloride 80 mg., Magnesium Oxide 20 mg.) (2-pack)
- (2) Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg.) (1-pack)
- (2) Ibuprofen (200 mg.) (2-pack)
- (2) Acetaminophen (500 mg.) (2-pack)
- (2) Antacid (Calcium Carbonate 420 mg.) (2-pack)
- Duct Tape Roll, 2 in. x 50 in.
- Derma-Safe Surgical Prep Razor (NSN: 6515-01-363-1212) (US)
- Nitrile Gloves, 1 pair
- Parachute Cord, MIL-C-5040h Type 3 (25 ft.) (US)
- Parachute Cord, MIL-C-5040h Type 1A (10 ft.), for tethers, (US)
- Ranger Band, 1.5 in. x 0.5 in., EPDM Rubber (US)
- (2) aLOKSAK Bag, 6 in. x 9 in. (US)
- aLOKSAK Bag, 13 in. x 11. (US)